Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hand Dyed lace trims for Autumn

Autumn is a favorite time of the year for many people, including myself. The cool crisp air, the leaves turning gorgeous colors and slowing drifting to the ground to create puddles of color all around the yard. There are times I wish I was a kid again so I could rake them into a big pile and jump in! The simple things in life....that we didn't appreciate as much as we should have at the time and it takes getting older to realize what we had.

As I dyed all of these new trims these past few weeks I had the pleasure of seeing all the Autumn colors right in my hands......even though I am working inside. Dyeing trims and fabric is like painting a picture for me and blending just the right hues.

Here is a sample of some of the trims I have been dyeing. Cotton eyelet, cluny lace trim in several styles and widths, and cotton/rayon blend thick laces to embellish all those stitches goodies. If I EVER get done with the dyeing...I can get back to stitching and finishing. All in good time.
I hope all of you take the time to play in the leaves!

Nancy

1 comment: